The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Monday, March 14, 2011

My Contemplation of Verse 18 of the Tao Te Ching


I contemplate the Tao Te Ching, verse by verse, with Dr. Dyer's help.


When the greatness of the Tao is present,
action arises from one's own heart.
When the greatness of the Tao is absent,
action comes from the rules
of “kindness and justice.”

We must continue on the road to treating each other with respect and love. That love and respect should be coming from our heart.  What comes from the heart in turn comes from the Source (God).  Are we expressing that love and respect towards each other?  My wish is that we are loving to each other.

When we are out of sync with God's love, we are forced to act like if we are loving and respectful. Then, we are pretending to be at one with God. True peace that we seek comes from living from the heart.  How can we be at peace if we are not truly loving those around us?  Can we really fake love?  I don't believe we can.

To use the rules of society means that we are dictated on how to act around others. When we live by the rules of our hearts, that true integrity shines through to others. We should treat others as we want to be treated.

To be kind and just with others should be automatic. We shouldn't have to pretend to be kind and just. People can tell when we are acting like we are respectful. Instead, we should strive to be genuinely concerned for others.

Let's seek God and His will for our lives. Let's spread the love of God (the Tao or Source) to those who need it. Let's do it from the heart.

How about you, my readers? Do you act as if you love those around you? Or do you genuinely give acts of love and respect to them? I hope you will consider it next time you interact with those around you.

May God bless you with His peace, my beloveds.


To read past entries about the Tao Te Ching (verses 1-15), please visit:
http://www.thoughts.com/Rebagv
The entry for verse 16 can be found here:
The entry for verse 17 can be found here: 
I am currently drawing inspiration for Wisdom Wednesdays from Change Your Thoughts--Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...