The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Thursday, March 24, 2011

Homeschool Reading Using Manga


My homeschooled daughter loves to read Manga.
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." - Dr. Seuss
One of the most important skills for a child to learn is reading. Reading requires the ability to look at words and make sense of them. Reading is necessary to learning new things in life. Reading is empowering. Reading can indeed take you to new places.

That is why I encourage reading of any kind, provided that it is age-appropriate. Take, for example, the Naruto series that my daughter is reading. The book above shows a Manga (comic) book. My daughter recently acquired a few more of these books to add to her library. I'm not a fan of that genre of reading, but my daughter has embraced it.

I'm just glad she is reading!

For one, it does have reading material and not just pictures. Second, it has vivid pictures. Third, it has complex story lines. Fourth, my daughter has created fan-fiction as a result of exposure to it. Finally, she has also been led to create her own pictures.

The more she has read, the more she now knows. The more that she has learned, the more places, in the creative spectrum she has gone. Not just that, reading lends itself to escapism. That is when you read about different places, customs, and peoples, and you are transported out of your own world and into another one. It is lovely that reading can cause you to visit elsewhere, even though you are sitting in your own bedroom.

To sum up, reading leads you to new worlds you never knew. You visit the new, unfamiliar. Who knows what it can lead to? A wonderful, daring career full of possibilities? How about a means to support yourself financially, while loving your job?

What about you, my readers? Do you love to read? Where does it take you? What about the children in your life? Do they love to read? If you and/or your children don't enjoy reading, I would suggest picking up some Manga. It can be very entertaining for all ages.

My beloveds, may God bless you all with His peace.

This entry has been part of Thorough Thursdays. I hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...