The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Monday, March 7, 2011

Decisions About My Diet

Diet help is a book on my shelf-- I decide to use it.
I am making important decisions to my diet.

There are habits I need to drop and some I need to add.  Years ago, I heard Dr. Phil say that in order to lose one habit, you must replace it with a positive one.  I want to get away from eating junk food which is convenient time-wise but harmful to the body in the long run.  Drinking caffeine gives a sudden energy lift, but I crash several times in the day.  That's why I am researching.

I want to get healthier.  Yes, I want to lose weight.  Yes, I want to be thin.  I just want to make sure to keep my mind focused on the right goal.  I don't want to starve myself to get there.

I want to reread some of the books that are already on my bookshelves.  To lose the initial 30 lbs., I used the tips in those books.  It's time for me to read them again.  I want to revisit books like: You, on a Diet: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management by Michael F. Roizen, M.D. and Mehmet C. Oz, M.D.   
 
I previously posted that I lost 30 lbs.  You might think this is a lot of weight, but I am not at a healthy weight, yet.  At my height of 5 feet  and 1 3/4 inches, 175 lbs. was too much.  I am now at about 140 lbs.  Since I am a woman, my optimum weight is about 117 lbs.  You see, 5 feet equals 100 lbs., plus 10 lbs. for the 1 full inch, and 7.5 lbs. for the 3/4 of an inch.

I could lose up to 23 lbs. for my petite frame.  Of course I may never get there or stay there, if I ever reach that weight.  I would be happy to weigh 127 lbs.  That means that 140 lbs. minus 127 equals 13 lbs. to lose.  That is doable!

My goal could be to lose one to two pounds per week.  Of course, I am tweaking my food plan.  I also need to tone away the flabbiness.   My body needs to adjust to the changes in my diet.  Finally, I must find and use the new tips I find.

There are some things to consider.  It is not the number of pounds that is the main focus.  A healthy lifestyle is my aim.  I think that for a long time I had been depressed and did not care for myself.  I am reaping the results of that decision, and I want to reverse the damage.

How about you, my readers?  Do you own the book I mention?  Do you own any of books of the series by Dr. Oz and his colleague?  Have you ever watched his show?  I hope you do because the books have loads of useful information to help you get healthier.

God bless you all with His peace, my beloveds.

Disclaimer: The viewpoints that I discussed here are just my opinions.  Please consult your physician before altering anything relating to your health.  I am only suggesting here to take charge of your health.  Don't just leave your health in the hands of your doctors; become your own advocate.  You know best how your body is doing.

2 comments:

  1. Found you via blogdare on bloggymoms - Nice blog - Love your daughters header for the blog - Cute.

    I too have decided to take health seriously this year and when I read people in your shoes [175 - 140] I can remember when I was in that boat - I used to hate myself and tried so hard to rid myself of the weight - Now I only wish I can be 175 - 140 -

    God shed 30 pounds off but this last month and especially this last week I have really lost my focus.

    I only watch Oz when my mum watches it and it is a very charismatic guy and I can see why nearly his entire audience is Female.

    Gosh, nearly wrote u a whole book here - Keep your Mind positive and the rest should come to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,

    Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing.

    I'm gonna keep writing about health and fitness so stay tuned. Perhaps you will be encouraged to pick it up again. Also, don't be so hard on yourself. That's one thing Dr. Oz says.

    Today, I caught the tail end of his show, and he mentioned chromium; that's something you can take if you eat lots of sweets. I've been taking it recently, too.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...