The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Thursday, March 3, 2011

Making the Most of Leftovers

At least 6 containers of frozen leftovers--for one week.

With being a mom full of responsibilities, it is sometimes tough finding the time and energy to cook up the best meal.  That's why it is a good idea to stretch that meal that you do take the time to create.  Stretching it for another mealtime is very important.  Let's take, for example, that hearty soup that hubby can't take to work.  Well, why not freeze the leftovers for another dinnertime?

It is important to keep in mind the containers you will be using.  Some of the containers I bought were for frozen veggies.  I think that, even though they are a little more expensive, they are worth it if they can keep your food from getting freezer burn.


Taco meat labeled and dated

Another thing to consider is the dry erase markers.  You need to label the contents and the date for the food you will be storing.  It is worth the extra time you take to label those items.  You don't want to wonder months later what mysterious food lurks in your freezer.  I have several of those markers (within reach) hanging on my refrigerator and/or in the utensils drawer.

I hope this helps you out when thinking about stretching the food budget.  I know that many of us are watching as food and gas prices go up.  We can't do anything about that, but we can find strategies to stretch our dollars by not letting our food go to waste.  It is worth the extra time and effort to put away some leftovers so that we can use them later.  It will help you resist the temptation to get takeout, which we can't really afford.

How about you, my readers?  What do you do to stretch your budget?  Do you freeze leftovers?  I hope you will consider it?  You just might save $100 from your grocery bill.

God bless you all with His peace, my beloveds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...