The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Monday, March 21, 2011

Exercising With Technology & Music


Dancing to music and uploading onto technology.

I can barely type these words because I'm listening to a song called "Rhythm is a Dancer." It's so catchy that I'm dancing while I'm sitting here. How many people are willing to admit they wiggle in their seats when a good song comes along. In fact, I'm gonna get up and dance right now!  (You won't even know I'm gone.)

There, I'm back!

I have a few songs like that one in my mp3 player. Sometimes you just gotta love technology! Some people will gladly thumb their noses at technology. Me: I love using it to my advantage. 

Take, for example, this lady on Youtube. This Dancing Queen loves to dance, and she isn't ashamed to show it.  This is how she uses dancing as a form of exercise. I challenge you to visit her channel and subscribe if you need a little push to exercise. Dancing is a great way to lose weight; believe me, I did it.

There are a few things you can do to optimize your fitness quest. First, suck in your stomach because that's what Dr. Oz, my fitness guru, advocates; wear a belt if it helps.  (I did.)  Second, stand or sit as straight as you can.  Third, twist your body, side to side, to the beat of the music.  Fourth, find music that makes you want to hop up and move!

Exercise has several benefits, of course. You can stay fit. You can lose weight.  Those of us who are flabby, can get toned.  Research also shows that it can help fight off depression.

How about you, my readers?  Do you exercise?  Do you dance?  I hope you will consider dance as an extra way to optimize your health quest.

May God bless you all with His peace and wisdom.

This has been part of my Medical Mondays series.  I hope you enjoyed it.

Disclaimer: The viewpoints that I discussed here are just my opinions.  Please consult your physician before altering anything relating to your health.  I am only suggesting here to take charge of your health.  Don't just leave your health in the hands of your doctors; become your own advocate.  You know best how your body is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...