The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries With Coconut Oil

What's frying?

One day I was watching the Dr. Oz show...or was it the Doctor's Show?  Well, it doesn't matter.  In an episode, it was said that sweet potatoes were good for us.  Immediately, I wrote down sweet potatoes on my grocery list.  I wanted to eat something good for my body.

According to the World's Healthiest Foods website, sweet potatoes contain the following:

--beta-carotene (good for the skin);
--antioxidants (which slow the body from aging);
--anti-inflammatory properties;
--fiber (good for digestion);
--potassium (good for hydration of the body);
--iron (good for the blood; to prevent anemia); and
--Vitamin C (good for immune system).


Sweet potato fries were delicious!

I bought precut fries from a grocery store.  I then bought coconut oil from Whole Foods.  Since coconut oil is expensive, I did not want to waste it.  I decided to use a small pot (pictured first).  I'd heard that coconut oil is very beneficial, too.  That's why I decided to use this oil.

I'd also heard that cooking with coconut oil does not smoke.  It was easy.  The fries cooked a lot faster, too.  I was amazed!  I just added some sea salt at the end.


--kills viruses;
--kills bacteria;
--kills yeast infections;
--reduces inflammation; and
--prevents cancer.

For more information, you can check out this website:

Well, thanks for reading this 
quick blog entry.  
I hope you enjoyed it.
 

What about you, my readers? Have you ever eaten sweet potato fries? Would you make fries with coconut oil? Would you add other ingredients? I hope you would consider these fries. It's a wonderful snack.

May God bless you with His peace and wisdom, my beloveds.

This has been an entry for Saturday Spreads. I hope you enjoyed it!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE sweet potato fries in coconut oil! They are awesome. It also works great to just peel and slice sweet potatoes and place them in a baking pan greased with coconut oil- cover with foil and bake for like 20 minutes til they are tender at like 400 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel,

    Thanks for commenting.

    I have some sweet potatoes that I hope to bake soon. They are so good for you.

    I think I would like to try baked slices, sprinkled with coconut oil. That sounds delicious!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...