The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Call to Live in Peace


In the book of Ephesians, Paul urges us to be united.

 1 Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God.  2 Be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love.  3 Always keep yourselves united in the Holy Spirit, and bind yourselves together with peace.  4 We are all one body, we have the same Spirit, and we have all been called to the same glorious future.  5 There is only one Lord, one faith, one baptism,  6 and there is only one God and Father, who is over us all and in us all and living through us all.    --Ephesians 4:1-6 New Living Translation  It seems that God is speaking to me about peace.  I have full faith that it is not by accident.  If you follow my blog regularly, you will see that last Wednesday I spoke about a time for everything, including war and peace.  This Wednesday, I will also be writing about putting down weapons.  Of course, weapons come in many forms.    In Ephesians, Paul is urging us to live godly.  He doesn't just say, "Live godly."  No.  He goes into detail.  Even though Paul persecuted Christians, he himself became one.  He was compelled by Jesus Christ.  I like how the New Living Translation makes it simple for us to understand what Paul is saying in Ephesians 4 about peacefully living in unity.  I thank God that we, in this day and age, have the ability to understand the Bible.  How should we act towards one another?  We should:  --be humble towards one another;--be patient through one another's flaws;--be gentle in our conduct towards one another;--thus, practice unity under the Holy Spirit.  Why should we be united in peace?   --God has called us for His purposes; --we have the same spirit (of God); --we are within one body (of Christ); --we have one Lord who rules over us; --we share in the same faith; --we have been born of the same baptism;  --we have the same glorious future; and--we share the same Father, God.   We should live peacefully with one another! Well, this has been informative.  I pray that the Holy Spirit counsels us all about these Bible verses.  I love breaking down the meanings of the words, piecemeal, in order to understand what I am reading.  I hope it helps you all, too.  Thanks for reading what the Lord has revealed to me about living in peace.   How about you, my readers? Are you living in peace with one another?  Are you living in unity within your home?  Or are you divided in your goals as a unit?  Like the saying goes, "United we stand.  Divided, we fall."  I encourage you all, my readers, to examine whether you are acting in harmony or in discord with one another.  It could change your life.  Please discuss this issue at the dinner table.  It is worth the time and effort.  I pray that God gives you all, my beloveds, His wisdom and peace.   
 
This has been an entry for the Spiritual Sundays series. 


To compile this mini- bible study, I visited: http://www.biblestudytools.com/
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...