The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Sunday, June 26, 2011

How to Deal With Trials


The Bible teaches how to deal with trials.

 2 Dear brothers and sisters, whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy.  3 For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.  4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything.   James 1:2-4 New Living Translation

Do you enjoy trouble?

Does anyone enjoy trouble?  If you are sane, you don't.  I know that I don't.  All I know that is that trouble is inevitable.  We can't always avoid trouble.
Why does the Bible ask us to think of trouble as an opportunity for joy?  
Our faith that everything will turn out all right, gets tested when we are in trouble.  When trouble comes along, it is an opportunity to trust in God.  Does that always happen?  Do we always trust God?  Or do we try to solve our problems with our limited knowledge and resources?  Wouldn't it be better to trust God who is bigger than our problems?  When I think of God, I think of Him as being outside of a box.  What do I mean by that?  Well, I like to think that we are in a box trying to deal with our troubles.  He's outside of the box looking inside.  He can help us, but we need to turn to Him.
When we trust God, turning our troubles to Him, He is faithful to us.  He helps us.  When we stick it out with the troubling situation, our patience grows.  We are able to endure our troubles (trials).  
I don't know about you, my wonderful readers.  I know that, for me, I choose to turn over my troubling situations to God.  If someone does me wrong, why should I try to get even with him or her.  It's much better to leave it in God's capable hands.  I am limited in my human knowledge and abilities to handle a troublesome person.  It's better to leave that person in the hands of God, who knows what that troubled person has been through.
As you gain endurance (patience), or the ability to handle the tough situations in life, your stamina is ready for whatever lies ahead.  You can confront people and circumstances that come your way.  Sometimes, that comes with age.  Sometimes, that comes with experience.  The great thing is that if you have God on your side, and your trust in Him is strong, you can face the challenges that come your way and move past them.
That's the important thing to remember--to move past those experiences.  Let's not dwell in the past, except to learn from them.  Let's remember all the trials that God has helped us through.  When you can't think of how you will get past your current circumstances, be they of an economic or relationship nature, know that God is on your side.  He's always waiting for you to turn to Him.
Here's how I view my sweet Daddy, God, when I pray (or talk to Him):  He's sitting at a throne.  I go humbly before Him.  I thank Him for providing some favors.  I tell Him that I have a situation that needs attention.  I ask Him if He can do something about it.   I invoke the name of His son, Jesus.  That gets Big Daddy's attention.  He tells me that He will look into it.  He then allows me to sit on His lap as He strokes my hair like an earthly daddy would his young daughter.  I feel confident that He will help me in my predicament.  It's that easy!
Thanks for reading today's blog entry about dealing with trials.  I appreciate you taking time to read it.
How about you, my readers?  How do you view God?  How do you deal with your problems?  Do you turn to God?  Do you have faith in God to help you when you are in trouble?  Or do you simply try to solve all your problems yourself?  I hope you take time today to thank God for all that He's provided for you.  Go to Him today and ask for His help to solve your problems.  I promise you that He will listen and do what He thinks is best for your situation.
God bless you all, my dear friends, with His wisdom and peace.  In Jesus' name.  Amen!
This has been an entry for the Spiritual Sundays series. 


To compile this mini- bible study, I visited: http://www.biblestudytools.com/
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...