The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Friday, June 24, 2011

Connect 4 Game

We enjoyed playing Connect 4 game.

I love playing Connect 4.  I love playing with my kids.  My kids are nice when they play and even when they win.  I still get excited when I win.  They get excited, too.

I love spending time with my kids.  Many parents say that time goes fast.  It sure does.  I already have a 15 year-old son.  That's why I took some time this week to play with my two babies, Kaelyn and Rafael.

We took turns playing Connect 4--which is a strategy game.  If I won while playing with one child, I then played with the other one.  It was the same with the children; if they won, they'd play with the other person.  That way, it was fair.  I had fun.

I did not let my kids win!  I don't believe in letting them win.  I didn't even let Kaelyn, the six year-old, win against me.  She won on her own.  I think victory is much more sweeter that way.

Here's how well Rafael did, while playing against me:

Rafael used the reds. I used blacks.
What choice did I have?
Rafael was guaranteed to win.

Here's how our last game played out:


We played almost all of the chips.
Rafael beat me again!

In this final game, we played almost all of the chips.  (I suspect that there were some red chips missing.)  I had no choice in this game play.  I had to put a black chip in the sixth vertical line.  That allowed Rafael to place his final red chip above my black chip.  That meant he created a red diagonal line of four chips.  

Rafael beat me...but he did not brag about it.  He was a pleasant winner.


I love all my babies, and they know it.  I've said it before: I don't have favorites.  Today, I wanted to show how simple it is to spend some time with your kids, away from the teaching.  As homeschooling parents, we can get caught up in teaching, teaching, teaching.  Let's spend some time with our kids in having fun.

Thanks for reading this entry and viewing the pictures.  I hope you enjoyed it.

How about you, my readers?  Do you play games with your kids?  Do you take time to just play with your kids?  Let me know what you do.  I encourage you to play the UNO game with your whole family.  You can discern how well and fair your kids can play with each other.
 
May God bless you all with His wisdom and peace.

This entry has been part of the Family Fun Fridays series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...