The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Contemplation of Verse 21 of the Tao Te Ching

Dr. Dyer's book is Change your Thoughts--Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao.


Today, I want to focus on verse 21 of the Tao Te Ching, specifically these portions:


The greatest virtue is to follow the Tao and the Tao alone...


How do I know the ways of all things at the beginning?

I look inside myself and see what is within me.


The Tao, or the Source of everything, the Way, God, is the one to follow.  We think in blogging terms of following someone through Google Friends Connect.  We think of following someone through Twitter.  What about following God?  Sometimes, we can get caught up in following each other.

Let's take a breather.  Let's think about what God wants us to do.  Does he want us to spend all day in front of the computer?  Does he want us to pitch the latest, greatest gadget or curriculum?  Does he want us to edify each other?  Does he want us to encourage each other?

What am I supposed to be doing with my children?  Do I know the ways of the beginning?  Do I know what the Bible says about creation?  Do I know how to explain creation to my children?  Do I have time to teach them what God did in the void to create life as we know it?

This verse encourages us to ponder about our bodies.  We should take a moment to wonder why we are able to move a finger, let alone scratch an itch on our body.  Think about how we sense the itch.  Then, think about how we get the urge to put a nail to the itch.  Consider that you actually scratch the itch.

What is it that allows most babies to be born with all limbs and fingers and toes?  
Why does the sun come up?  
Why does the morning glory bloom in the morning?  
Why does a dog bark?  
Why do we get goose bumps when we come out of the shower?

It is God, the Source, that gives us those blessed experiences.  We  have awesome sensations.  We have excellent views of mountains and ocean waves.  We have opportunities to experience those things because God caused them to be.  Only God, the designer, could create the complexities in our human bodies.

Let's take a moment today to thank God for those blessings.

How about you, my readers?  Are you thankful?  Do you have pain?  Can you breath on your own?  Are you missing anything from your body?  If not, then be thankful.  Some people have to be in wheelchairs, can't breath, and/or are in constant pain.

May God bless you all with His peace and wisdom.

This has been an entry for Wisdom Wednesdays.  I pray you were blessed by it.

I am currently drawing inspiration from Dr. Wayne W. Dyer's book and the 81 verses of the Chinese wisdom book the Tao Te Ching.

For past entries, turn to Wisdom Wednesdays.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...