The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Be Flexible to Receive: My Contemplation of Verse 22 of the Tao Te Ching

Dr. Dyer's book is Change your Thoughts--Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao.

Today, I am sailing into verse 22 of the Tao Te Ching, specifically this portion:

The flexible are preserved unbroken.

The bent become straight.

The empty are filled.

The exhausted become renewed.

The poor are enriched.

The rich are confounded.

Flexibility...

That's the advice for today.  Dr. Dyer uses the palm tree to show just how flexible we should be.  You see, the palm tree manages to bend when strong winds blow it.  These type of trees do not break.  They go with the flow.


Picture taken at the Texas coast.

We need to be like the palm tree.  We need to be flexible.  We need to go with the flow.  Now, I'm not talking about bending on your truest integrity; I'm asking your to trust God to see you through your problems.  I'm asking you to stop getting stressed by all that happens around you.

I'm saying that we need to relax.  We can, and should, stop letting everything that happens to us get us down.  We need to take back some control.  We need to be like the ducks that let the water fall off their backs.  We can't control how others act around us, but we can control how we react.

People will be however they want to be.  That is their nature.  All we can do is realize that they will be who they are.  We must accept their nature.  We must accept the nature of our environment, and we will be better for it.

If we show our flexibility, we open ourselves up to more opportunities.  This would be showing our receptivity.  People would be receptive to our ideas and points of view.  The most important to me is to be truthful about it.  Trust goes both ways.

How about you, my readers?  How flexible are you?  How receptive do you want your loved ones and friends to be to your ideas and point of view?  If you want people to accept you, you must accept and meet people where they are at.  An abundance of blessings may flow your way if you open yourself up to the possibilities that God has for you.

God bless you all with His peace and wisdom, my beloveds, in Jesus' name.  Amen!

This has been an entry for Wisdom Wednesdays.  I hope you enjoyed it.

I am currently drawing inspiration from Dr. Wayne W. Dyer's book and the 81 verses of the Chinese wisdom book the Tao Te Ching.

For past entries, turn to Wisdom Wednesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...