The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Saturday, April 2, 2011

Eating Healthy While On A Trip

Protein-loaded drink is one I enjoyed.

Yes, we are still on our vacation.  Even though we are away from our home, I am not using it as an excuse to eat the wrong foods.  At this point of my health quest, I don't want to sabatoge my efforts by getting lazy.  Once we got the chance, hubby and I went to HEB, the grocery store.  I bought a salad and a bag of baby spinach. 

You can still eat healthy while on a trip.

Today, I drank the Naked juice pictured above.  This juice was made with 30 grams of whey and soy protein, strawberries, a banana, apples, blueberries, Vitamin C, and potassium.  I just loved this healthy, fruity drink.  I didn't feel guilty drinking it.  I made a better choice, also, over the customary soda.

There are healthy alternatives while on vacation.

The Blue Machine & the C Machine are pictured here.

Yesterday, I drank these two drinks, after coming back from a fishing expedition.  The acai machine is sometimes referred to as the Blue Machine.  That drink boasts that it includes 178 acai berries.  It also includes concord grapes, plums, one banana, apples, elderberry, beet, black currant, choline, Vitamin A, Vitamin B5, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and grape seed extract.  The C Machine has about 22 strawberries, bananas, apples, and a bit of orange, which I loved drinking.


Ham & Swiss Lunchable is a great choice for our kids.

There are healthy choices for our kids, too.

We had to buy something health for the kids, too.  We found these Lunchables.  This particular one had Ham and Swiss cheese.  That's the protein ingredients.  The crackers are made with whole grain. 


A snack idea can include a PB sandwich & a banana.

A sandwich of bread, peanut butter with bananas is delicious.  I saw this healthy snack on a doctor's show.  Eat whole grain bread, which is a good carbohydrate.  Peanut butter is a good, quick protein.  The banana is a healthy fruit, which has potassium and fills you up.

Well, I hope you found a few alternatives for what to eat while on a trip.  We are enjoying our days away from our home.  I am purposely eating healthier alternatives.  I'm not saying that I haven't eaten some of the wrong foods, but I want to minimize the ill effects of the takeout food.  Our bodies and our pocketbook can only afford so much takeout.

How about you, my beloved readers?  What choices do you make during your vacations?  Do you eat only takeout?  Do you try to eat healthy?  I hope you will consider better alternatives.  Vacations require optimal energy levels.

This entry is part of my Saturday Spreads series.  I hope you found it informative.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...