The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Sunday, December 11, 2011

How to Make Trail Mix

Trail mix in festive glass container

With the holidays upon us, it's easy to overeat.  That's why it's a good idea to come up with a plan to avoid overeating.  Creating an easy, quick snack is vital.  I know that trail mix is such a snack.


Ingredients for my trail mix

Ingredients for my trail mix:

Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips
Holiday Milk Chocolate M&M's
Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
Diamond brand Walnuts
Marshmallows (not pictured above)
Rice Chex cereal


Trail Mix in quart size baggie

I used a quart size bag to fill up the ingredients for my trail mix.  I add from a half to a full cup of some of the ingredients.  There is no right or wrong way to do this.  Since I wanted more of the Rice Chex in my mix, I put a cup of that in the bag.


Back view of glass container full of trail mix

I'm a visual person so I added lots of color to my trail mix.  I had green and red with the M&M's.  I added white marshmallows.  I added both types of chips for a variety of flavor.  Really, any simple, dry ingredients can be added into the trail mix.  

To be honest, I considered adding Life Cinnamon cereal, too.  The crunchiness of the walnuts and Chex cereal was a nice contrast to the softness of the chips and the marshmallows.  Yesterday, I found out during the Nate Berkus show, that walnuts are good at taking pain away.  I tested out the theory, and some of my pain went away after eating only a few halves of walnuts.  

I made my trail mix, and it was successful with my two youngest.  They watched me as I put it together.  Then, they dug in, eating some of each ingredient.  Of course, they were partial to some ingredients more than others, but that's the beauty of such a snack.  You get to pick at what you like most.

Well, thanks for reading this entry about how to make trail mix.  
I hope you liked it.

How about you, my readers?  Have you ever eaten trail mix?  Have you ever made it?  What would you add or subtract from this trail mix?  I would consider adding circular pretzels in the future.  Either way, trail mix is a wonderful snack to eat at home or even during a trip in a car.

This has been a Saturday Spreads entry.  I hope you liked it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...