The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Monday, December 5, 2011

The Conception of Jesus Christ


Jesus in a manger

18 Now this is how Jesus the Messiah was born. His mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph. But while she was still a virgin, she became pregnant by the Holy Spirit.  19 Joseph, her fiance, being a just man, decided to break the engagement quietly, so as not to disgrace her publicly.  20 As he considered this, he fell asleep, and an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. "Joseph, son of David," the angel said, "do not be afraid to go ahead with your marriage to Mary. For the child within her has been conceived by the Holy Spirit.  21 And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins."  22 All of this happened to fulfill the Lord's message through his prophet:  23 "Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and he will be called Immanuel (meaning, God is with us)."  24 When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord commanded. He brought Mary home to be his wife,  25 but she remained a virgin until her son was born. And Joseph named him Jesus.   --Matthew 1: 18-25 New Living Translation
God is with us!  Can anyone believe that?  Can anyone understand that?  What are the implications of that statement?  How does that apply to our lives?  The circumstances under which Jesus was born are awesome!  He was born to a young lady, one who was as pure as a young lady could be.  She was betrothed to an equally awesome man.  He was one who knew, and handled, responsibility with extreme care.
I think God, the Father, chose a wonderful set of parents to foster His Son while here on earth.  Can you imagine being picked by the God of all gods to raise His Son?  I don't think I could be holy enough for it.  Of course, Mary and Joseph were not perfect.  No human being is perfect.
I pray that we understand what a miraculous concept this is.  Only God could send a child to come forth through a virgin female.  I know it's hard to believe, but God did it because He wanted to reconcile (bring together) humankind with Himself.  That's how much he loves us.  Let's show our gratitude by sharing that Good News with each other.   Thanks for reading this blog entry about the conception of Jesus Christ.  I appreciate you taking the time to read it.
 How about you, my readers?  As Christians, do you understand the idea of Jesus Christ being conceived within a virgin female?  If you are a Christ-believer, are you willing to share this message with others?  Are you bold enough to remind others about the true meaning of CHRISTmas?  I encourage you to read different versions of Matthew 1:18-25 to understand what the Bible says about the conception of Jesus Christ.    May the only true God of all gods bless us, my dear friends, with His wisdom and peace.  In Jesus' name.  Amen!  
This has been an entry for the Spiritual Sundays series. 


To compile this mini- bible study, I visited: http://www.biblestudytools.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...