The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Family Favorite Movie, Iron Giant

Iron Giant is a family favorite movie.

Iron Giant is now available to view through Netflix.

Many years ago, we bought the movie, Iron Giant, (an animation of a story by Ted Hughes) in VHS format.  Over the years, we have watched it countless times.  Yes, it has been a family favorite.  It is a movie that tugs at the heart strings.  Our copy is now so old that some of the scenes are distorted.

In fact, we have often discussed Iron Giant.  We love that the metal giant sacrifices his life.  We have often wondered if a sequel would ever be created.  It doesn't seem like it, which is disappointing.  My children have researched the movie online and have hit brick walls with regard to finding out if that could ever happen.  

We have deduced that perhaps it has not been cost effective to have created a sequel.  The movie did not receive enough media attention when it came out.  That is our opinion.  We have wanted for the Iron Giant to come back to the boy, who befriended the giant. 

It could be that according to past standards, the movie may have been violent.  Yes, it could be considered as such because it deals with weapons.  I believe that ten year-olds would be better equipped to understand the movie's theme which covers the need for caring for all of creation.  Younger children would need their parents to explain the concept of what weapons can do to people.

The movie ends with a cliff hanger in that there is a possibility of the giant coming back to the boy.  Who knows?  That's why we have often discussed what could happen later in the boy's life.  Will Hogarth meet the giant when he is a father?  That's how wonderful the movie is; it provokes questions and discussion.


Well, thanks for reading this entry about our family favorite movie, Iron Giant.  
I appreciate it.

How about you, my readers?  Have you ever seen Iron Giant?  If so, did your children enjoy watching it?  Does your family have any particular favorite movies?  I think movie nights are a wonderful way to bond and discuss a movie together.

I pray that God gives us all His wisdom and peace.

This has been an entry for the Technology Tuesdays series.  Please visit my Technology Tuesdays webpage for a list of my previous entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...