The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Monday, January 2, 2012

Health Habits for January 2012

New Year's resolutions often involve health.

Another new year has come upon us.  It's time to dust out the health habits and see what needs tweaking.  What do we need to add or remove from our diets?  What do we need to start doing this year?  What has worked for us in the past?  What do we want to try this year?

I often heard Dr. Phil say that in order to do away with one habit, like smoking cigarettes, one needs to replace it with a beneficial habit.  That's why I am willing to attack unhealthy habits with positive ones.   There are several that have been with me for quite a while.  There are others that have fallen by the wayside.  I'm hoping to institute these before getting physical.

I have a list of health habits I would like to continue or start up, in no particular order of importance:

1. Keep writing.  This has helped me tremendously.  I have kept sane.  I have collected my thoughts many times to sort through my emotions.  This habit is definitely a keeper.

2. Take my supplements.  I want to continue taking the probiotics to balance the good bacteria in my body.  I want to detox, too, with my Swanson-bought formulas.  I also want to take something to suppress my cravings for simple carbohydrates and junk foods.

3. Eat breakfast.  I want to continue this.  It is said that having breakfast helps you have a better start to the day.  I definitely need my protein at this time of day.  To have a good complex carbohydrate will keep me fuller.

4. Sleep early.  Definitely need to do this one.  This is one of the most challenging.  I've heard that sleep helps one to lose weight.  I must make sure to not drink any caffeine after 6 p.m. or I will have difficulty going to sleep.

5. Pray about my health.  Prayer works miracles.  Prayer is communication with God.  I want a deeper relationship with my Abba Father.  I want to get deeper in His word.  Asking God for help for my health, I am sure, will yield a wonderful outcome and witness.

6. Drink more water.  I love water.  I just need to amp this up some more.  When I am thirsty, I need to continue to reach out for the water, instead of other liquids.  This means saying no to soda.

7. Chuck the junk food.  It was hard this past holiday season.  It won't be easy during this month.  My birthday is coming up.  I love cake.  I also can't live without my chocolate. 

Well, thanks for reading about my new health habits for January 2012.  I hope this blog entry encourages someone to develop their own health goals.

How about you, my readers?  Do you have any new health goals for January, in keeping with New Year's resolutions?  How do you plan to improve your health this month or this year?  I encourage you to assess your current health.  It's a great opportunity to adjust your habits to improve your life.   

If you need to improve your health, in any form, please ask God to help you; he will, if you pray for His guidance.

This is an entry for Medical Mondays.  For past entries, click here.

Disclaimer: The viewpoints that I discussed here are just my opinions.  Please consult your physician before altering anything relating to your health.  I am only suggesting here to take charge of your health.  Don't just leave your health in the hands of your doctors; become your own advocate.  You know best how your body is doing.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with reaching your health goals, Rebecca. I found eating low-carb really gave me fast results, but not everyone is "willing" to give up certain foods. Fortunately, for everything I've stopped eating, I've found a replacement for, including bread. Where there's a will, there's a way! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rena,

    Thanks for commenting.

    I find that if I eat protein, I do a lot better. I am trying to stay away from bread, too, and high fructose corn syrup.

    It's chucking one thing for another.

    Rebecca G.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...