The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Monday, January 16, 2012

From Documenting to Seeing Results: Update on Health Habits for January 2012

A calendar can help document fitness progress.

I've been taking this month to reset a few habits.  It's been wonderful to see that drinking water is of great benefit to me (a wonderful result).  It is also eye opening to me how much junk I've been eating.  It's disappointing to see how much of what is considered as food is actually bad for me.  It is said that it takes a few weeks for habits to form, and I am aiming to gain good ones.


My creativity includes these latest scarves.
My water and a pedometer are ready for me in the morning.
Here is my update (documentation):

1. On the spiritual front, I have printed a checklist for Bible-reading.  I did this just last week.  I felt badly for not having started this on the first of this month.  Then, I just let that guilt go.  I'm done feeling the stress of disappointing myself.

2. I have put on my shoes and walked most days.  I found a working pedometer and am keep it close to me so I can remember to use it.  On days when I put my shoes on, I get more done.  My sandals slow me down, but when I put my tennis shoes on, I get up and get moving--moving my furniture, that is.  Seriously, though, I love the signal my shoes give me to move.

3. I have been documenting my fitness progress on my calendar.  At first, I only intended to post how many bottles of water I've been drinking.  Now, I have added how many steps I have walked.  I am also blogging here, and that is helping me to document my health progress. 

4. I have been continuing to take my supplements.  I'm taking: garlic; a probiotic; a B vitamin (for energy); Vitamin D-3; and detoxing and inflammation formulas.  I'm working on detoxing which will allow me to lose weight.  I'm hoping to bring inflammation down to reduce the pain I suffer on a daily basis so I can exercise.

5. For the creative arena, I have crocheted several scarves.  I am making different schemes this time.  I am enjoying the outcomes.  I am not about selling them necessarily.  It's more about how crocheting relaxes me. 

6. I have been drinking at least 4 bottles of water everyday.  On some days, I have consumed more, especially when I have been super thirsty (probably due to mountain cedar allergy).  Perhaps when I document my foods, I will figure out if it is due to some diuretic or food.  My skin condition is improving somewhat, too.  I feel very confident in this area of my fitness.

7. I haven't stopped consuming junk food, including drinking soda.  This is still my biggest challenge.  It is extremely difficult if family members living in the same household still want to eat the wrong foods.  I am reaching the decision that if I want to get healthier, I have to be firm and say NO to the junk food.  I know I can do this because I had stayed away from soda for a few months last year.


I'm thinking that I need to address the issue of motivation.  I need specific reasons.  I need to write them down.  I also want to journal about the foods and drinks I am consuming.  I want to document how certain foods (like carbohydrates and junk foods) affect me.  I am excited to think about this next step.  I want concrete answers to my fitness questions.

I also want to encourage those of you, my dear readers, who are working on fitness goals.  Please pray about what needs improvement.  God is willing to give us wisdom if we seek it.  We can boldly ask God for wisdom.  I have learned a lot about my health as a result of asking God for the right websites, resources, and people to come into my life. 


Well, thanks for reading about documenting to see results to my health habits for January 2012.  I hope this blog entry encourages someone to develop their own health goals.

How about you, my readers?  Do you have any new health goals for January, in keeping with New Year's resolutions?  How do you plan to improve your health this month or this year?  I encourage you to assess your current health.  It's a great opportunity to adjust your habits to improve your life.   

If you need to improve your health, in any form, please ask God to help you; He will, if you pray for His guidance.

This is an entry for Medical Mondays.  For past entries, click here.

Disclaimer: The viewpoints that I discussed here are just my opinions.  Please consult your physician before altering anything relating to your health.  I am only suggesting here to take charge of your health.  Don't just leave your health in the hands of your doctors; become your own advocate.  You know best how your body is doing.

2 comments:

  1. you sound like you are on the right track!! keep working hard...you will be so happy next yr you did! I love the way exercise and healthy eating make me feel and look...that is motivation!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. momto8,

    Thanks for following me. I am following you right back.

    I did some exercising today and love how well I can breath afterwards. That should be a big motivator for me. I hope to post my motivations for getting fit on an upcoming post.

    Rebecca G.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...