The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Friday, February 4, 2011

Another Bittersweet Moment--Rare Snow Event Coupled With Sadness


Hi Everyone,

I am rejoicing at this moment because a little while ago, we woke up to actual snow here in San Antonio, TX.  Yes, I know that it is not a big deal to those of you who have experienced snow many times, but it is a rarity here where I live.  We even took some pictures, in the middle of the night.


This is my mother-in-law.


I am still very sad because we just had the rosary and viewing for my mother-in-law last night.  It was tear-filled, and I had to be as strong as I could be for my husband and his family.  It was beautiful because the oldest of my brothers-in-law played a pre-recording of two songs he sang in honor of his mother.  There were prayers, laughter, and remembrances of how much my mom-in-law has meant to us.  She will continue to live in our hearts as we continue the traditions of get-togethers on holidays, like Easter.

With the light snow we have experienced, we now have icy situations.  San Antonians are not used to driving in these conditions so we do not know if we will be meeting at the church later this morning.  I pray that God's will be done about this.  I also ask for prayer for strength and peace for the family as we move forward, without our dearly departed one.

I thank those of you who would join me in this heartfelt hope that we will all settle into our new lives--it will never be the same without Ramona Villanueva.  The joy in all of this is that, for those of us with a Christian and/or Catholic faith, my mother-in-law is not suffering anymore and is now resting in peace.  We also have the hope of seeing her again on the other side of heaven; this brings me much comfort, as it did when my own mother passed away ten years ago.

I pray for peace for us all, in Jesus' name.  Amen!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...