The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Tuesday, December 20, 2011

One New Year's Resolution: Ask God to Renew My Mind

My 6 yr.-old's Christmas note.

Yesterday, I had my cryfest.  I was feeling very sad.  I was reeling from an insult I had received.  I felt trapped because I didn't understand why the person felt compelled to compound the insult again and again during a conversation.  I was shocked and paralyzed.

I have tried to be a good person, but it hasn't been easy.  Being a Christian, whether around Christians and/or non-Christians, has been difficult.  Because I am kind, I am considered a doormat; I grew up with certain values, and among them is to respect others.  Still, how should I respond to such insults?

It is difficult to stick to my values when I have people questioning them.  There are those who love to test my patience.  Yes, it's been a challenging year for me.  It has been a balancing act to remain a loving person in the face of rudeness.

Should I return evil for evil?  No.  In the Bible, particularly Proverbs 25:22 says that I should heap coals of shame on those person's heads, and I will receive my reward from the Lord.  It's just hard when all I want to do is pounce with my feet on their heads.  I'd like to knock some sense into their heads and yell at them, "Look, I don't have to be nice to you, but I'm not gonna stoop to your level of behavior."

The best I can do is to ask God to bring positive people in my life.  

Perhaps I've been around people who have been too negative.  I'm the type of person who enjoys being a positive influence to those around me.  I love to encourage others when they are going through hard times.  I love to congratulate people when good things happen to them, too.  I have just felt so drained because I also need the same encouragement, which hasn't been coming my way.

In the midst of my sadness, my daughter wrote me a beautiful note (pictured above).

Lately, I have felt the blahs.  It's been hard to shake that off.  That's why I'm turning to God like I did last night.  I prayed to God because I felt like I was at the end of my rope.  I thank God that He stepped in when he did.

It was lovely to receive something in my stocking.  My youngest child had placed a note in there.  It really lifted my spirits that she, my six year-old, would get what I have been about as a mother.  It read: 

"to mama.  By Kaelyn  I love you Because you cook For us. ind Because you turn on the lights."

I think she has a wonderful head on her shoulders to notice my efforts to make Christmas a happy time for the family.

I plan to dig more deeply into the Word (Bible) next year.

With all this in mind, one of my New Year's resolutions is to ask God to renew my mind.  I want to look at people and circumstances through God's eyes, even if those people have wronged me.  In fact, I especially pray that God will help me with those difficult people in my life.  I also pray that He will give me resolve to be assertive when dealing with them.


Thanks for reading about my decision to ask God to renew my mind.  I hope this blog encourages someone to improve their own mind.

How about you, my readers?  Are you thinking of any New Year's resolutions?  Do you have any new mental health goals for next year?  How have you handled difficulties this year?  How do you plan to handle difficult people next year?  I encourage you to assess your attitude towards others.  It's a great opportunity to adjust your attitude to improve your lives.   

If you need to improve your health, in any form, please ask God to help you; He will, if you pray for His guidance.

This is an entry for Medical Mondays.  For past entries, click here.

Disclaimer: The viewpoints that I discussed here are just my opinions.  Please consult your physician before altering anything relating to your health.  I am only suggesting here to take charge of your health.  Don't just leave your health in the hands of your doctors; become your own advocate.  You know best how your body is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...