The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Monday, December 12, 2011

Determining to Be Jolly

My jolly environment--a Christmas scene

How do you deal with anger?

Have you ever been so angry that your body started to pulsate?  Have you ever been so mad that you couldn't think about anything else but what angered you?  Have you ever felt that you couldn't move beyond anger but knew you had to?  What helped you get through to the other side of the anger?

Last night, I could not sleep.  I kept playing scenarios in my mind.  I kept thinking about how I should react to the next rush of rudeness aimed at me.  What should I do?  How should I react?  What should I say?

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but harsh words stir up anger.  --Proverbs 15: 1 NLT

I spent too many hours thinking, thinking, thinking.  I thought about doing the crazy bit; you know, pretend I'm crazy and go lethal with my metal bat.  Hey, I'm just being honest.  Walking away hasn't worked so I came up with respectfully verbalizing my grievances.  Yeah, sure; that's the best idea I've got so far.

I'll tell you what happened next.  I pictured my youngest daughter.  You see, a while back, I was having problems with who is now an ex-friend.  My older, wise daughter, Iris (who was a tween back then) gave me some wonderful advise.  She told me to think of Kaelyn (who makes me feel happy), when I was dealing with difficult people; needless to say, I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

Since I've been in such a funk lately, I've had to be proactive.  One thing I've done is to take my Valerian Root.  It usually helps some.  What isn't helping my situation is the gloominess of the weather.  It's been overcast for too many days in a row.

I resorted to asking my hubby to put a few strings of white lights on the walls of my living/dining area.  It is so bright now at night time when we turns those lights on.  It's beautiful, cheery, andwhimsical.  I love creating a dreamy scene.  It is something we love doing for our children.

It is difficult at times to remain cheerful.  It's easy to keep harping about all the problems we have.  That's easier.  It's challenging to be jolly when the economy is down and some loved ones are no longer with us. 

A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.  --Proverbs 15:13 KJV  Choosing to be happy, on this holiday season is just that--a choice.  We can choose to be sourpusses or happy, jolly people.  The choice is ours; however, I reserve the right to call you out on it, especially if you come to my house.    
Here's what I'm planning to post on my front door:  Ho ho ho!Be prepared to be jolly or...turn around and leave.


Thanks for reading about my decision to be jolly.  I hope this blog encourages someone to improve their own attitude during the holidays.

How about you, my readers?  Is your mental health poor?  Do you have any new mental health goals for December?  How have you handled setbacks to your mental health?  I encourage you to assess your current mental health.  It's a great opportunity to adjust your life to improve it.   

If you need to improve your health, in any form, please ask God to help you; He will, if you pray for His guidance.

This is an entry for Medical Mondays.  For past entries, click here.

Disclaimer: The viewpoints that I discussed here are just my opinions.  Please consult your physician before altering anything relating to your health.  I am only suggesting here to take charge of your health.  Don't just leave your health in the hands of your doctors; become your own advocate.  You know best how your body is doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...