The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Saturday, December 17, 2011

My Two Daughters Are So Much Alike

Sisters caught being alike.

I love my daughters.  They are very close to each other.  They do a lot together.  They share a room.  They do their school work in their room.  Even when one of them is working on one project, the other one might be in there doing something else.

Now, you can see that they eat together, too.  They like eating chile with saltine crackers.  It's something easy to throw together for lunch.  They are very independent. 

I came out the other day and saw this scene I just had to capture it.  I loved it!  They were doing yet another thing together.

This is why I love home schooling my kids.  My kids get to spur each other to positive habits, like reading.  Okay, I know they shouldn't be reading at the table while eating a meal, but I am overjoyed they love reading.  By the way, they don't read at the dining table during dinner.  It's a big no no because that's our family time.

I am very proud of my little gals for being able to read.  Look at the youngest reading a comic book about Donald Duck.  She's reading at six years-old.  Just look at what the teen is now reading: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (which I recently bought at a thrift store).  This is a book that my sixth grade teacher had wanted me to read, and I never did.  I guess you could say it's part of my bucket list to read it after my daughter is done with it.


Thanks so much for reading this entry about my two daughters being so much alike.

If you enjoyed this entry, please share it with others.
I would appreciate that very much.


How about you, my readers?  Have you seen your daughters doing something positive?  If so, do your praise them for it? I would encourage you parents to praise your girls when you catch them doing something like getting their own meals and/or reading.  It's important that they know we are proud of them.  It's a great way to boost their self-esteem.

May God bless you all with His wisdom and peace.

This entry is part of the Family Fun Fridays series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...