The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Friday, September 9, 2011

Breakfast Nook Updated

Breakfast wall

This is one of my favorite walls.  It houses family photos and family rules.  It also has my breakfast nook or so I call it.  I have bananas hanging.  I have reusable plastic bags in a former toddler's dress.


Different angle of breakfast nook

I am a big-time believer in grouping things together.  Pictures with the same black frames work wonders on a plain, white wall.  My breakfast nook includes a breadbox, toaster oven, grilled cheese sandwich maker, and 4 bread toaster. 


Before plain breakfast nook wall

Yes, this wall was boring!  We had taken pictures down and hadn't put them back up.  We had taken the pictures down because we had placed an entertainment center on that wall.  I didn't like how it turned out.  The piece of furniture was too dark and big.


Underneath the breakfast nook

In a previous post, Household Organization: The Linen, Seasonal Clothing, and Yarn, I showed that I'd placed linen inside this set of drawers.  I had been wanting to hide this dark piece of furniture to protect it from spills.  I knew that light colors make a small room seem larger.  I finally took everything off the top, placed a khaki-colored twin bed sheet, the same white shelf liner I used before, and the small appliances back.  You can see the result on the first picture above.

Since I am not rich, I often reuse pieces of furniture or give them new purposes.  I could get rid of the furniture but this piece is from a used bedroom set that my mother bought for me.  It means a lot to me to still have it around since it reminds me of her love for me.  For now, it works in our home, but someday I may pass it on to my kids.

Well, thanks for reading this entry.  If you like it, please press the "like" button below.  I would appreciate that very much.
 
How about it, my readers?  Have you spruced up any of your walls lately?  Are you planning to move things around on your walls?  Right now is the perfect opportunity to do your fall cleaning.  I hope you would find time to change things up for the fall season. 

May God bless you all with His wisdom and peace.

This entry is part of the Family Fun Fridays series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...