The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Saturday, October 1, 2011

Buffet Style Eating

My version of a buffet

Two weeks ago, I blogged about an Easy Snack Platter.  I had said that there were variations on that theme.  This time I want to show my version of a buffet.  It's quick and easy to put together.  It is great for on-the-go people and/or those who feel a little lazy like me.

It was simple to put this buffet together.  All I needed was were my partitioned dishes.  Mine are red.  Then, I chose the foods I wanted in each section.  I chose red grapes, red apples, baby carrots, baby spinach, cheese cubes, ham, and turkey breast.  Of course, pickles and cherry tomatoes can round this buffet out.  I also included ranch dressing for the carrots and spinach.


Grapes, apples, and carrots for buffet
Daughter helped with washing fruits and veggies
My choices from the buffet
Leftovers waiting for later

Whatever we did not eat, I scooted over to one dish.  I covered the dish with the Press 'n Seal wrap.  We won't have to prepare this again.  We'll just bring it out later when we get hungry again.  It really saves time and keeps me from getting cranky when I must eat right away.

 
Well, thanks for reading about our buffet style eating.  I hope this has taught y'all about a quick set of snacks to throw together.
 
What about you, my readers? Do you like finger foods? Do you like cheese, pickles, and ham?  Combining fruits, veggies, and meat into a buffet is easy.  I encourage you to get creative with colorful foods.  Don't shy away from allowing your family members to eat what they want to eat, as long as they are eating from the recommended food groups, too.

May God bless you with His peace and wisdom, my beloveds.

This has been an entry for Saturday Spreads. I hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...